No one should have to suffer with a discolored smile. A beautiful, brilliant white smile is your best asset, both at work and in your personal life. Unfortunately, regular wear and tear on teeth often leave them dull, yellowed, or brown. Dr. Laurence Rifkin can inject new life into your smile with the best professional grade teeth whitening Beverly Hills has to offer.
Common Causes of Tooth Discoloration
When teeth first emerge, the enamel is pearly white. Although our adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, they do not always emerge unscathed. A variety of factors contribute to discoloration or dulling of teeth. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening services are capable of restoring the natural, beautiful white shade of your teeth. Perhaps some of the following factors contributed to your tooth discoloration:
- Poor dental hygiene. Brushing and flossing teeth regularly prevents bacteria-laden plaque from clinging to their surface. Poor dental hygiene permits the proliferation of oral bacteria. This often causes teeth to become yellowish or brown.
- Tobacco products. Smoking or chewing tobacco are common causes of discoloration. Tobacco typically leads to brown staining on the surface of teeth.
- Soda. Soda has corrosive ingredients that degrade teeth. Whenever possible, avoid drinking dark colas to prevent discoloration. Rinsing your mouth with water or mouthwash can also reduce soda-related staining.
- Coffee. People who enjoy coffee are frequently dismayed to note the browning of their teeth that develops after frequent coffee consumption.
- Red wine. Red wine contains pigments that stain teeth and cause permanent discoloration.
- Aging. Unfortunately, the composition of teeth enamel changes with age. During young adulthood, a thick layer of white enamel colors the inner dentin layer of the tooth. As this enamel coating wears away, it exposes the yellow color of the dentin within.
Once teeth become discolored, the damage is done and can only be repaired by professional whitening services. Lifestyle changes may be able to keep teeth whiter and prevent discoloration.
Advantages of Professional Quality Teeth Whitening
Professional, in-office teeth whitening is far superior to do-it-yourself whitening options. Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits offer a highly diluted mixture of the active ingredients that brighten your smile.
During the procedure, a concentrated hydrogen peroxide solution is carefully applied to teeth. Dr. Rifkin takes exquisite care to avoid allowing this whitening material to contact gums, which can cause irritation. The professional whitening procedure also involves the application of an intense light to bleach teeth to precisely the desired shade. Dr. Rifkin carefully monitors this teeth whitening procedure to ensure that it is safe, effective, and provides natural, long-lasting results.
"I got my teeth whitened because I was getting married. I've got a few bad habits that I do daily that led to my teeth staining and turning a few shades towards the dark side. I wanted to make sure I looked as good as I could for the photos. Dr. Rifkin hooked it up with his amazing teeth whitening procedure! My teeth brightened up easily by 8 shades. My pictures turned out great and I got dozens of compliments. If you're looking for the best teeth whitening Beverly Hills dentists can perform, look no further than Dr. Rifkin! - Jenni B."
The Rifkin Method of Patient Care
The Rifkin Method of patient care emphasizes the individual needs of the patient above all else. This includes a commitment to not just treating dental issues, but providing an attentive, exclusive patient experience.
One of Dr. Rifkin’s greatest strengths is his artistic eye. He works carefully to color match your teeth to a natural shade. In doing so, he considers skin tone, hair color, facial anatomy, and other factors that affect how your smile is perceived. This skilled approach to color matching pays off, because Dr. Rifkin is widely considered to provide the best teeth whitening Beverly Hills has to offer. Contact him today to learn how he can help you restore a whiter, more brilliant smile.